Tuesday, September 22, 2015

God's Plan

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declared the Lord, “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Have you ever thought of what life will be like in lets say 10 or even 20 years from now? It is a common thing that one thinks about and in school many teachers might have had you write a paper on it. I would always think hard about my future and most of the times say that I don’t know because I can’t predict the future and I wasn’t that creative to invent something like others probably did. I would say the normal things such as having a satisfying job and a loving family. But never really thought about it to the point that I had my life totally mapped out from start to finish. Even now as a junior in high school, I haven’t completely thought of college. I have thought about what I would like do for my career, but that is still up in the air and I have no clue where I will end up for college. I will figure it out eventually. Only God knows my future.

God has a plan for everyone. It may not be the one that you are thinking of now. There will be bumps in the road because nothing is perfect. The plan may include deaths or births along the way. It will make you smile and it will make you frown but God knows that in the end the bumps in the road are ok because He has a purpose for you in His kingdom. In Jeremiah 29:11, Jeremiah writes that the Lord has a plan for you to prosper and not to harm you and to give you hope for the future. He wants everyone in His kingdom to grow and to learn through life’s experiences and thrive. Some may prosper through life or money others could prosper by lessons learned. God will not harm us. God will give us hope in the future. When you are at a low point in life remember that there is something bigger and better around the corner as long as you have hope and faith in yourself and in God. When you are at a high point in life remember that hope and faith got you there so make sure you keep it.

God’s plan for us is a mystery, but it’s a mystery worth solving. You never know what God has for us around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Abbie I am so happy to be reading this blog. Sometimes it seems as if finding someone else with a firm faith is hard to come by these days. I think its an important thing to realize that God is ultimately the one in charge and we should not worry as much as we do. Keep up the good work, this is great!

    ReplyDelete