Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sermon – Nervous

I wrote the whole sermon on Saturday right before the church service. Honestly I wish I didn’t do this but I had too much going on before. I spent about three hours writing it. Once I was pretty much done I had my dad read it and help word it so it sounded more like a sermon then a blog. I’m not good at writing at all means so most writings all sound the same. Once I was don’t with the sermon I changed clothes and laid in bed for five minutes before having to leave. I prayed that God would help me through this even if I were nervous and not wanting to get up and talk. Once I got to church I helped greet and got my microphone hooked up. I was getting more and more nervous every minute it got closer. Once the service hit the point of the Gospel I was shaking so badly. Once I walked up for the sermon I took a deep breath and even though I was shaking I preached and kept going when I made a little mistake. After it was over I walked back to my dad and he said I did really well. I didn’t realize how right after it I wasn’t nervous much at all. Everyone liked it and that made me feel really good. I knew right then that God was standing right with me during the whole thing making sure that everything went fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment