Sunday, January 24, 2016

Footprints

Have you thought about how the Lord interacts with you and how looking back at your life and the connection with the Lord, can mean so much?  Here is the story of the footprint and my thoughts and views about it.

“One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.”

Ohhh, I totally wish I could do this and maybe someday I will. When I think about walking on the beach I think about how peaceful it would be and how nothing would harm the situation because I would be by the Lord.

“Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord.”

I think the sight of two sets of footprints throughout scenes from life is also really cool because you get to go through your whole life and see how the impact is from seeing that there are footprints but after that scene is gone there are new footprints meaning that you moved on from that situation or you just continued with it.

“When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.”

Being able to view all those footprints in the sand is something you don’t get to see often. If you have ever walked on the beach the water ruins the perfect footprints in the sand. And if you’re not by the water then they aren’t really perfect footprints and they don’t look like anything more then just a tiny crater in the sand.

“He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. ‘Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, You’d walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.’”

Honestly when I first read this I was confused because I was always told that the Lord is always with us but even more in times of need. Many people would say that their times of sadness and trouble were because the Lord wasn’t there. So this story can be viewed in many different ways.

“The Lord replied, ‘My son, My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I Carried You.’”


This is truly amazing. It doesn’t just say that the Lord is with us in needed times but he is carrying us. I think about the single set of footprints in the way that He carried us out of that hard time and into something good, this would be when he sets us back down into the sand to walk beside Him. He is always with us even in those hard times but He is there for us in a different way. Normally he is like a friend, someone to talk to and guide us on our way. When we need Him most, however, He is carrying us and caring for us like a parent. Remember to walk alongside the Lord because when something goes wrong He is already right there to pick you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment