Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easter

Easter is the day that we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I love Easter for many reasons. First it is usually a time for my family to get together, which is really nice now that we aren’t always in one spot. My sister came to spend the weekend at home, which is really nice because we miss her so much and all these little moments mean so much to us.

Second Easter is a time to rejoice and to celebrate. Yes we celebrate it each year but it’s a great reminder to remember that our sins are forgiven. It’s a great time to thank God for giving His only son to come and die for us. It’s truly an amazing thing to think about. It’s the time of the year that in church we really talk about what eternally Jesus did for us. He did all these miracles other times in the bible but this is the one time that He gave ALL of us a miracle.

Third I love this time because of the food. I love egg casserole and I usually don’t get it that often so its really yummy on Easter morning to go to church and help serve the food then get to eat some too. Plus I really like ham, which we normally have in some form. And last I love Jell-O eggs.

Finally I love Easter because it is the start of spring and I always get excited for spring because I love the smell of after it rains and the flowers. Plus I get to be outside again after a long winter of being cooped up inside.


Many people don’t think of Easter as being one of their favorite holidays but it is one of mine because it is just something different then like a birthday or Christmas. So remember on Easter what God did for us when He gave us Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment