Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Week

What day does the week actually start on? Does it start on Monday or Sunday?

This question has probably been a thought in your mind. There are so many different thought on when does a week actually start. Most calendars say Sunday but work and school week start on Monday. So what one do we follow? Does it even matter if we follow a week?

Almost all calendars start the week on Sunday. So that the week ends with Saturday. They split the weekend up. Which they call the weekend “weekend” for a reason. They usually fall at the end of the week. Then I think about how my planner starts with Monday. So why is all this commercial good different? My guess is that no one really said when the week starts. No one quote “invented” what day the week started on. I bet someone could have started the week on Thursday and if that was what was normal then that’s how it would go. But why is there two days that are the first of the week. I know that it can get confusing. Well not really but I know my friends and me talk about it sometimes.

Honestly I think the week starts on Monday. Not because I don’t like commercialized calendars or anything. I just know that I end my week off with God and Sundays are usually for that. In the bible God rests on the 7th day and He say that everything was good. He called this day the Sabbath. When I think about what Sabbath day means I think of day with God. The day I go to church. This would be Sunday and so on this day I say is the 7th day. Which means the last day of the week.

But then I just realized that some people go to church on Saturday so is there Sabbath day Saturday then. That means they would start the week on Sunday. But then what does the pastor do. You don’t usually work on the Sabbath do does his week start on Tuesday then. Its so complicated that I say there is no first day of the week. Everyone takes days off even if they are in the middle of everyone else’s day. There doesn’t have to be a so-called “week” there just has to be days and mouths and years. These are easy to tell when they start and finish. Well for the most part anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment