Sunday, February 28, 2016

Giving up for Lent

Many people in the Christian culture give up something for Lent. This is translated from when Jesus was in the desert 40 days and 40 nights without anything. I heard many people give up pop or candy. But people give up so many different things.

I have never myself gave up anything just because I never really thought of it because it is a ore Catholic thing but still I always wandered what I would give up that would be good for me. I’m not sure how I would do without something but I could differently do it.

I do like how it symbolizes Jesus because it kind of shows us what He went through but not really because it’s not like people really give up water and/ or most food. I guess we can’t do that because we would die. So I always think about how Jesus isn’t 100% like us. He wasn’t human but yet He wasn’t immortal either. He was able to do this with God’s help. He probably prayed and talked to His dad everyday when He was out there. I’m not saying it wasn’t hard on him it just wasn’t fatal.


So if I ever tried to give something up it would be something I eat almost every day. So I would probably give up pasta and/or bread. This way I would have to pray and ask for help. Because honestly giving up candy if you eat it once in awhile isn’t that big of a deal to some people. So think about the meaning behind giving up something next time Lent comes and you want to give something up.

No comments:

Post a Comment