Sunday, February 7, 2016

Gifts

Gifts can be so hard to pick out for people. Each on of us is different so that makes it harder. Do you pick something that would like to receive or pick something they might already have? There are so many questions to ask when it comes to what to get someone. This Monday is my friend’s birthday and I stressed so much about what to get her. I mean I was in complete panic mood. I finally found something that I hope she will like. But I don’t 100% know. When it was my birthday she got me so much stuff that I love. I guess she just knew me.

Gifts come in all sizes and shapes. They can be from as small as a gift card too as large as a house. They come with bows or with a tag. They come in unexpected ways. But most people think gifts only come in one way, physical. That meaning solid you can touch it and it’s right in front of your eyes. Solid gifts are great it physically shows someone you care.

But I also feel like gifts that aren’t material gifts are just as great. This emotional gift can be stuff like saying something to just acting like you care. I feel like these gifts are even better. They build memories and relationships just like the material gifts but they don’t necessarily have to cost anything and they can also mean so much more to the person.

So we got the physical and emotional gifts. What about spiritual? God gives us gifts too. Just our gifts we get from Him are so much more personal. They make us who we are. They allow us to do stuff for others. Spiritual gifts are given by God to do all these wonderful things. He doesn’t give the same combination to anyone. That’s why we are all different. It allows us to be unique and share our gifts with others.


Isn’t that what its all about - the giving and not the receiving. Its that feeling you get when seeing peoples face when you do something or give something. That face is priceless. And god gave us those opportunities because he gave us the one true gift of all, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment