Sunday, February 7, 2016

Jobs 37: 9-10

“When blizzards roar out of the north and freezing rain crusts the land. It’s God’s breath that forms the ice, it’s God’s breath that turns lakes and rivers solid.” Jobs 37: 9-10 (MSG)

“From its chamber comes the whirlwind, and cold from the scattering winds. By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast.” Jobs 37: 9- 10 (NRSV)

Two different bibles, with two different ways of the verse but only one meaning. The meaning is something everyone might get differently. Here is what God gave me to get out of it.

I see it as all these cold miserable situations, but then thinking about how God did this. There was a blizzard but God formed that ice that is hitting you. There were winds but that was God’s breath. You see something in nature and have to remember that that is God’s work at hand.

Many people uhhh and ahhh over the glories of nature. Most only have these moments when they see green or water rushing down. That isn’t all God does. He makes these things like blizzards and ice too. They are also considered the glories of nature but not everyone views it that way. Honestly I don’t like these times at all. I hate when it’s too cold. When my feet freeze when I walk outside. When I can see my breath’s shadow.  

But then I have to step back – maybe even go inside – and think about how this is God’s work at hand. He is the one doing all this cold stuff. I have to think about how I should love it just as much as the flowers growing and the leaves falling off the trees. Not hate it and wish for spring to come. There is always that moment in the summer I wish it was winter again.  I love looking at the pictures after winter and seeing the beauty within it but I wish I would look and see it right then and there.

Don’t know why I don’t just love the present. Take in what is around me. And to think about God and what He is doing right now to show that He is still with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment