Sunday, February 21, 2016

Baptism

Baptism is a huge part of the Christian church. Baptism is when usually a baby or youth is sprinkled with water and the word of God. It symbolizes the rebirth of the child into the church. This pretty much means they are now part of the family of God.

I love watching baptisms because the baby is normally fast asleep or crying in their white or light colored outfits. They are surrounded around their family, which is so cute. I think the family part is the best because the key to baptism is that the family supports the child in a loving and Christian environment so they can live through God. The family is the one who gets to say if they want their child baptized and so it is their job now to help them grow throw God.

I know that many families even give gifts to the child for being baptized. I have many of mine still in my room. I have a cross that says Heaven Bless You. I have a Noah’s Arch night light that I used to use every night until I didn’t need it anymore. I have a picture frame with a baptism picture in it that says “Fear not; for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. – Isaiah 43:1”


My family always tells me stories of my baptism and I have many pictures of it too. I even still have my cloth that whipped my head dry and my bonnet that I wore. I will cherish all of these things and the gifts I got because I don’t remember my baptism since I was 2 months old and because it was the first time that I was born into the Christian community. Because most people don’t remember their baptism, I think that means something. That is isn’t for us to remember physically but spiritually. I will always have the memory through objects that I have but I also will know that I am part of God’s family. He is my Father and I am His child. And I always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment