Sunday, February 21, 2016

Realizations

Have you ever had that feeling in your life that you realize what just happened? Or why something is the way that it is? These types of realizations happen all the time. In everyone’s life there are these moments. They can be quick or they can be huge. Form realizing why you fell to realizing why God put you in the world. Many realizations involving God come a lot when you are older but still happen all throughout life.

I know I have realized many things in life. Like why is grass green or why school is so important. One of the biggest however has been when I realized that I want to be perfect but I can’t. I find this pretty much everyday. At school if I don’t get an A I feel like I pretty much failed. I feel like I could have done something better to get that to be higher. I could have studied just an hour more. I could have asked for help. And then I stress over all it – the none A and my imperfection. But then I realized that I don’t have to be perfect. I just have to do my best. Even if it isn’t what I want. I need to have those moments of none perfection. Now this stress isn’t a huge thing but later in life I will mentally die from stress. That’s why it’s ok to have some now and get used to calming myself down.

Another realization I had happened last year when I was at Camp Ewalu. It was in the last week at the Wednesday night campfire. I realized that the summer was almost over and that camp was pretty much at its end. I was so sad because I knew that in the past camp was one of the few places were I could actually see God’s work being done. I loved that feeling when I saw kids interacting with one another and singing about God. I knew then that I had to do something to keep that feeling going. I had to continue to see my world like God would want me to see it. I had to see everything as God’s creation and what He does for everyone. Help bring them back from being sad. Help people smile. When I walked away from the camp I felt totally different and refreshed. It might not of showed on the outside but I was a new person. I tried to figure things out from God’s view.


So the next time you struggle or can’t figure out why something is how it is. Think about it from God’s point of view. May not happen every time but try it sometimes. You could be amazing at how God is working. Realize that God helps you and when it is right He will like you realize what is going on in the world and what you are meant to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment