Sunday, February 14, 2016

Praying for Others

At camp last summer all of the LTs had a prayer night were there were many stations to pray or write stuff down. At one of the stations we had to write down on a piece of paper what we needed praying for.  Then in return we took other peoples cards and prayed for what was on that. I know I read and prayed for many of them. No names were written. So we just prayed for that person and we knew that God would get His answer to the right person.

People need prayed for. Not just those people we think that are in need but everyone.  Sometimes it’s hard to pray for someone because you don’t always have the whole story or they won’t tell or show that they are in need. Most people hide their problems even from those most closes to them. I know on those pieces of paper I couldn’t tell who it was by what they wrote. Couldn’t pin point what issues were in there life. And to tell you this we all got pretty close to people and I still couldn’t tell. I could have had m best friend’s in my hand and still not of known. People usually don’t open up their deep secrets or thought. I knew though that God could pin point these people.

I remember when my youth group went to Detroit before we left all of us got in a circle even our parents, and we prayed for our save travels and to help the people of Detroit. Plus we prayed for Cedar Rapids and our parents to make sure they are ok. I see this all the time with praying for people’s travel and safety.  This shows that even people that are pretty well off are getting prayed for.

But we also can’t forget those who may not get any prayers at all. The people that are many less fortunate then us. People in third world countries. Most people wouldn’t even think of praying for them. It’s interesting what people might pray for. Honestly I try not to always pray for myself and pray for people I saw through the days. It’s hard because praying for yourself is so much easier because you know all the struggles and things to be thankful for. But we have to always remember that we aren’t the only people in the world. There are people that need way more then us – physically, mentally, and spiritually. So to challenge yourself, next time you pray, pray for people that need spiritual guidance, people who are in need of mental help and those who are physically ill or in need of food, water or shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment