Thursday, March 10, 2016

Survivor

Survivor is a TV series were about 18 people are taken out into some desolate place and dropped off for 39 days to see who becomes the sole survivor.  They start with 2-4 teams and compete against each other until they mix up the teams. Then about half way through they merge the teams together. They have challenges that are for reward and immunity. These challenges usually consist of physical and mental challenges. After and immunity challenge the team to loses goes to tribal council and vote off one of their own.  When they get to the final three or two the jury (who is about the last 9 to be voted off) puts their vote in and they vote for the winner. So ultimately who ever plays has the final say in who gets voted off and who wins.

They started making seasons in 2000 and are on their 32 season. The producers make each season something new. So they have had competitions between ethnicity, gender, family members, fans vs. favorites, all stars, and brawns vs. beauty vs. brain. There are many other themes they have done too. These keep in interesting because its something new and not just randomized. It’s a social game that can go so many different ways. Pretty much it’s a social experiment that is put on television for all to see.

Why am I obsessed with this show? Well its simple. It gives me time with my family. We all love the show and it gives us time together and we talk about it a lot when its not on too. We talk about each player and if we like them or not. We usually try to figure out who will win and why they will win. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we aren’t. Whenever the season is over we find out when the next one is going to start and put in on the calendar.

I also love survivor because it makes me think about how I would be on the show and the whole social part is really fun to watch too. I also love watching the challenges and figuring out the logic behind it and how they created it. Because they create them so fast I like to think about how many people are behind the scenes while all this is happening. I juts get hooked on the show and I always can’t wait till the next Wednesday when it is on again.

So how does this relate to God? Not sure really. But its something I love and care about. And I know that God gave me thing love. He gives everyone something that they love to do. It can pretty much be anything. My love is survivor and the family time that comes along with it. So think about what God gave you to love. And how much pride you might have in that love. Its truly amazing to have something that you love to do.



2 comments:

  1. I love Survivor, too!!!
    It is interesting to think about how the show through the God/faith perspective. Part of what makes the show entertaining is the "social game." I like to see if people can be honest and caring with their opponents, and still win the game. I do think too many contestants play pretty sneaky games.
    Would you ever try out to be a contestant on Survivor? I have always said that SOMEDAY I will be able to watch a former student on television! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete