Sunday, December 20, 2015

White Christmas

“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas just like the ones I used to know where treetops glisten and children listen to hear sleigh bells in the snow.” – White Christmas

Most people that have experienced a white Christmas will never want to go another year without one. I have grown up in Iowa my whole life so there is usually snow during Christmas time and usually a lot before it too. Even though Iowa has snow Missouri usually doesn’t. I usually spend my Christmas in Missouri with both sides of my family. In Missouri there isn’t a whole lot of snow during the whole winter but there is still always some. There has been a few years were there has been snow but for the most part there hasn’t been lots of it on the ground for Christmas. To me I just don’t have that feeling of Christmas and the cold when it is 50 degrees. It just has a weird feeling to it, but its still Christmas and other places are like this every year.

Places that are farther south usually never have snow during Christmas if they even have snow at all for the year. Many people there have never even seen snow at all. I have thought about how these people feel if they watch movies during Christmas time. Most of the movies have snow in it so they can’t really relate to them. Other then movies, Santa is a huge thing and he is usually depicted with a snowfall. My question that I keep asking is if down south do they have a different Christmas economy then here in Iowa/ Missouri.

This will probably be something that I would like to look into sometime because it’s a very interesting thing to think about. I bet I will never understand how they feel because I have seen snow, a lot, and I will most likely never live in a place that never has snow. I will always want a white Christmas but if I don’t get that at least I would like some snow sometime within the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment