Sunday, April 3, 2016

Blind Man

Whenever you hear a church song do you every just think how they come up with it? Or how well the words just mess together? Well here is a good example I found about a camp song and where it all came from.

“Blind man sits by the road and he cries (x3). He cries, “Oh, Oh, Oh. Show me the way. Show me the truth. Show me the life. The way to go home.” We all sit by the road and we cries (x3). He cries, “Oh, Oh, Oh. Show me the way. Show me the truth. Show me the life. The way to go home.” Jesus stands by the road and replies (x3). Replies, “Oh, Oh, Oh. Show me the way. Show me the truth. Show me the life. The way to go home.” - Blind Man

I was thinking about where these lines come from. So when you think of blind men in the bible you think of times that Jesus has healed them. So I looked into it a little more and found the story of Bartimaeus (Mark 10: 46-52) where he calls out to Jesus when he passes and asks him to let him see. Then I searched for bible verse with showing the way, truth and life and found John 14: 16 “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Finding that this song came from more then one verse (well my guess) it really neat. I kept looking and found then a paper that named some songs that we as Christians might have sung and where they come from. Some come from numerous books in the bible.


For someone to be able to write something like this they would first have to be really good at song writing because not many people are and it takes that right person to do that. Second you would have to have a person that is really knowledgeable about the bible. Not just those versus that are known to everyone but those small hidden gems that many people don’t know about. Third they have to have God by their side. With these three aspects they can right something that is so amazing. Kind of with I could write a song but I am just as happy singing them and sharing with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment