Sunday, April 10, 2016

Integrity

“He who walks in Integrity walks securely” – Proverbs 10:9

Integrity is the one of the best qualities to have. It means that you are honest and have high moral standings. This means you don’t lie or cheat.

In golf you have to have lots of integrity because you are your own judge and your own scorer. During meets there is the other girls from the other teams but they don’t always see the shot or the situation. There are many times were you have to rule yourself a penalty or have a bad round that you want to make lower but you just can’t because you have to be honest.

I know that when I first started golf I would miss the ball a lot and have to take a stroke for that. Like it wasn’t like my score really mattered but it’s still hard to do that because no one was watching and it kind of looked like a practice shot. But you have to be honest to yourself and to the people that you are playing with.

There are many times were I play with someone were I have to keep reminding them over and over again if they have counted right. Like obviously its ok if you forgot to count a stoke here or there it is ok because I know I do that too sometimes if we have to wait or if I have so many. But the problem is if it’s over and over again.

So obviously God wants us to have integrity because being honest means everything. If you’re not honest then what are you? If you lie to others then do you then lie to yourself? Because lying to yourself is one of the most awful things you can do because then what is the point of anything. You have to tell the truth to both yourself and to others to truly be someone.

In Proverbs it describes that you have to have integrity to be safe when I think of this I think that you have to be honest because if your not then something could go wrong. Like if you make one lie then it just snow balls. If someone finds out that you are lying then you could get in trouble.

Remember that one small lie leads to another, so do try to minimize lying. It will lead you to safety not having to worry about someone finding out that you lied to them.



No comments:

Post a Comment