Sunday, April 3, 2016

Letter of Call

“It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” – Ephesians 4: 11-13

Today I got my Letter of Call to be a Leader in Training at Camp EWALU. I did it last year so I’m not as nervous. But those nervous are still there. Thoughts of will I get out of my comfort zone more? Or Will I have a fun time and interact?

My goal for myself is to have fun and relax because if I do that then everything is worth it. I get to spend time with kids and learn how to lead them. Plus which is big for me is the fact that it should give me the ability to increase my communication skills and my ability to believe in myself. Because honestly it is really hard for me to get outside my bubble.

So to be able to get this chance to help with that in a very save environment is very rewarding. Safe meaning if I mess something up it really isn’t that big of a deal I won’t get penalized for it or anything. Plus I will get honest feedback, which will be really nice.

Also I am glad I got this opportunity again is because it gives me four weeks to think and to be out in nature with God. There are moments were I don’t have to be surrounded by technology or friends or even family. Yes there will still be people but there will still be those few moments of awesomeness and serenity.


So hopefully I will have another wonderful four weeks at my favorite place in the world. Hopefully I can get outside of my very thick bubble that never likes to budge. Because if I do I know I will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment