Sunday, April 10, 2016

Maid of Honor

A few weekends ago my sister got engaged. When I first heard about it I was so excited and just couldn’t wait. I pretty much am still like those but the engagement made me realize that my sister is growing up and moving forward with her life. Which I am excited for her but I hope that doesn’t make our friendship change at all. Obviously it will be different but I hope we are always close to each other even if we physically can’t be together as much anymore.

But I know that we will always be close because we are sisters and have always been close so I’m not that worried. Two weeks after she got engage she came home to do my hair for WPA. She told me to sit on the couch and she came back with a box. On top there was a note that said:

“There is no better friend than a sister… and no better sister than you. I cannot imagine my wedding day without you by my side. I love you. Will you be my Maid of Honor?”

It came with a necklace and nail polish. I was jumping up and down that she asked me in such a cute way. I was thinking she would ask me because we have talked about it before but I thought she would just ask me and not have a sign or anything.

She had me working and talking with her all that weekend. I liked it but I feel like its very overwhelming. Hopefully I can help her as much as I can to calm her down. That is my goal for the next year and a half. If she stresses I want to be able to release that by either taking or helping her with any task. Plus I can help her with prayer. To me that is the one thing I can do even when I’m not directly helping her out.


I love her to pieces so I will do anything for her. She is my best friend and my sister. There is no better combination out there. Even if I am sad sometimes that she is moving on I will smile and pray that she will be ok and that I will be ok too. Because even though I will be right by her side during her wedding, God will be right there too. Every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment